Post time 18-10-2010 06:28 PM | Show all posts
Oh? Care to explain?
alphawolf Post at 18-10-2010 09:45

What is there to explain ?

AEW aircraft are all useless & expensive flying coffins during wartime

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2010 09:11 PM | Show all posts
What is there to explain ?

AEW aircraft are all useless & expensive flying coffins during war ...
BotakChinPeng Post at 18-10-2010 18:28

I see...
sooo... since you said that "AEW aircraft are all useless & expensive flying coffins during wartime", why then a lot of nations acquired them? {:3_83:}

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2010 04:21 PM | Show all posts
Reply 23# cmf_tin

Countries who acquire AEWs before the development of the world's first stealth fighter can be excused.

But those who buy them when development of the first ever stealth fighter has already commenced are just plain dumb.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2010 10:13 PM | Show all posts
Reply  cmf_tin

Countries who acquire AEWs before the development of the world's first stealth fi ...
BotakChinPeng Post at 19-10-2010 16:21

why?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2010 06:31 PM | Show all posts
Bacause they are too dumb to figure out that AEW radars cannot detect stealth fighters
which will become the biggest threat in the near future.

Not to mention
russian made anti AEW missiles which carry both active and passive seekers already being deployed by various nations.

THATS WHY

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-10-2010 11:17 AM | Show all posts
Bacause they are too dumb to figure out that AEW radars cannot detect stealth fighters
which will  ...
BotakChinPeng Post at 22-10-2010 18:31

i beg to differ. Stealth just means it is harder to detect, not impossible!!. I m sure new technologies are being developed to acquire the so called stealth aircraft at greater distances so that protective fighter cover can be utilised well before the opponent stealth aircraft is comes to within missile launch envelope.Remember, radar info can clutter up the radarscope, so advanced software are developed to clean the clutter to remove unwanted data. I am sure it wont be long before  some software genius come up with a way to detect the tiny pulses of stealth aircraft and are able to identify them as stealth bandits.
It is the same for all weapons. A more advanced weapon will invite a counter advance equipment to neutralize the new threat. Otherwise all military weapons would b obsolete.. and we might b still b stuck with bows and arrows

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2010 11:26 AM | Show all posts
Reply 27# sol

for the info of the uninitiated and uninformed, stealth aircraft or ships just reduce the radar signatures to that it is harder to detect because there are not many surfaces which reflects the radar pulses back to the detection equipment. The surfaces of the aircraft are made so that only small cross section areas are facing in any particular direction. BUT there are always some that will bounce back to the original seeker that radiates the radar pulse. I am sure it wont b long before some genius wallah will be able to come up with the software that detects this small signal returns and able to classify it as an aircraft and not dismiss it as an anomaly radar return that can b discarded. Submarines too have a different type of stealth, by having special tiles surrounding the hull, to absorb sonar signals and not return it to the sonar transponder. But they can still b detected.. albeit more difficult and with a more practised operator

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-10-2010 12:24 AM | Show all posts
i beg to differ. Stealth just means it is harder to detect, not impossible!!. I m sure new technologies are being developed to acquire the so called stealth aircraft at greater distances so that protective fighter cover can be utilised well before the opponent stealth aircraft is comes to within missile launch envelope.Remember, radar info can clutter up the radarscope, so advanced software are developed to clean the clutter to remove unwanted data. I am sure it wont be long before  some software genius come up with a way to detect the tiny pulses of stealth aircraft and are able to identify them as stealth bandits.
It is the same for all weapons. A more advanced weapon will invite a counter advance equipment to neutralize the new threat. Otherwise all military weapons would b obsolete.. and we might b still b stuck with bows and arrows
sol Post at 23-10-2010 11:17

Like I said.
AEW aircrafts cannot detect stealth fighters.
They can only hope to detect stealth aircraft at ridiculously short distances which defeats the purpose of operating AEWs in the first place.

In the reality of our present discussion, whatever future technology you are so sure of still don't mean crap to anyone else.

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

2-10-2024 07:22 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.110973 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.