Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: VernMrManager

Falsetto or Head Voice?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 4-1-2008 10:25 AM | Show all posts

Reply #60 alyana's post

Who did you study voice under and at which college or university and up to what level?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-1-2008 10:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by VernMrManager at 4-1-2008 10:19 AM
I studied under three professors of voice at the prestigious LCM (London College of Music). One was Italian and two were British. Before that I studied at the Royal School of Church Music at Addi ...

nope, bret manning, i'm just reading his leasson.

my knowledge on vocal only base on thing that we got during schooling, masa join competition ke, koir ke, nasyid ke. so no formal vocal course like that. yet.

since i admit yours are  reliable thats why we should refer yours as main sources.

But I welcome, mana2 yg ade belajar jurusan muzik dr Berkeley or UiTM to help us as well?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-1-2008 10:28 AM | Show all posts
I will choose my teacher based on the result he or she has produced. Meaning, I will study under the teacher who has produced successful singers. I will not study under a teacher who talks a lot but has nothing to show.

Siti Chairani produced three successful students: Ning Baizura, Siti Hajar and Syafinaz.

I will study under her.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 10:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by VernMrManager at 4-1-2008 10:21 AM
Who did you study voice under and at which college or university and up to what level?

takde yg secara official pun , but i student yg rajin bertanya, and argue someone opinion

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 10:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by VernMrManager at 4-1-2008 10:28 AM
I will choose my teacher based on the result he or she has produced. Meaning, I will study under the teacher who has produced successful singers. I will not study under a teacher who talks a lot  ...

abg vern, mcm mana nak register under mdm. chairani tu??  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-1-2008 10:34 AM | Show all posts

Reply #65 alyana's post

Dia dah balik Indonesia.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-1-2008 11:32 AM | Show all posts
DEBAT PERDANA RTM tak abih lagik ke

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 11:40 AM | Show all posts
takpelah ni berbincang secara ramah mesra. kalau jac ade info tambahan boleh la tambah2 sekali.

asalkan jgn topic meroyan dr bomoh nafsu ittew  

tp kalau dia mencemar dulli ke dalam thread yg masih dara dan suci ini, jac delete je lah posting org2 ittew ye?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-1-2008 02:36 PM | Show all posts
debat alyana vs vern.. dua2 juri hebat!!

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 05:27 PM | Show all posts

Reply #69 pinguin's post

suka baca debat ni...

Jangan Lupa Undilah Urban_Iz di sub-board Show Your Musical Talents!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 06:03 PM | Show all posts
aslkm, hi.. sori menyibuk...
yg aku selalu perasan, org yg nyanyi kalau berteknik sgt, jd tak sedap nyanyiannyer...

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 06:04 PM | Show all posts

Reply #71 buiscasey's post

betulll.....kena ada feel sekali...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-1-2008 06:11 PM | Show all posts

Reply #71 buiscasey's post

Yes, I agree with you. That's because the teacher wasn't very good in the first place. Focus too much on technique and forget to teach the student to interpret and feel the song. A really good singer uses technique in order to deliver the song, like the famous sopranos and tenors of the world. Sedap gila and full technique.

In pop music singing, you cannot use too much technique. In fact, in pop music, it's better if you didn't use formal technique. That's why I get very worried when online coaches talk about head tone la and falsetto la and macam macam la which only further confuses. A pop singer doesn't really need to know these if their singing is already good and the tone is already sedap. The so-called difference between head tone and falsetto (which there actually isn't) shouldn't become a big problem or worry for a pop singer. What a pop singer should focus on is basic techniques like BREATHING and PITCHING, the two most common faults faced by every singer. Learn to walk before we learn to run.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 06:19 PM | Show all posts

Reply #73 VernMrManager's post

vern, as now we are in the 2nw week, what is your expectation compared to the 1st week???

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-1-2008 06:27 PM | Show all posts

Reply #74 Urban_Iz's post

For each contestant to improve in their respective individual weak areas that the jury mentioned.

I want to hear contestants sing with FEELING. Watch BREATHING and PITCHING and PRONUNCIATION.

And choose the song that suits your voice and sing it in the key and range of your vocal ability.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 06:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by VernMrManager at 4-1-2008 06:27 PM
For each contestant to improve in their respective individual weak areas that the jury mentioned.

I want to hear contestants sing with FEELING. Watch BREATHING and PITCHING and PRONUNCIATION.

i think i don't have any problems with the feeling as i really sang the Spec 2 song with feeling...now it's up to the judges whether the feeling get to them/you or not...

now i have to take notive on BREATHING, PITCHING AND PRONUNCIATION as i sang an english song...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-1-2008 07:47 PM | Show all posts
lagu spec 2 aku hancur.. sori... sebab aku rakam kelam kabut... takder masa, lagipun kat rumah ramai org.. segan nak nyanyi kuat2...

so, kalau kau nak kutuk giler2 vern, aku paham....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-1-2008 07:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #77 buiscasey's post

Kutuk light light, boleh?

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2008 07:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by buiscasey at 4-1-2008 07:47 PM
lagu spec 2 aku hancur.. sori... sebab aku rakam kelam kabut... takder masa, lagipun kat rumah ramai org.. segan nak nyanyi kuat2...

so, kalau kau nak kutuk giler2 vern, aku paham....

nnt nak dok sebelah kak casey

same3 kene kutuking

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-1-2008 08:01 PM | Show all posts

Reply #79 seroja's post

Casey tu jantan, Seroja.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

30-9-2024 07:45 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069500 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.