x

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-4-2017 05:47 PM | Show all posts
@kikiharris

as you requested

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-4-2017 05:51 PM | Show all posts
Barcelona Open to rename centre court after Rafael Nadal

Nadal will be chasing his tenth title at Barcelona this time. by Sudeshna Banerjee @Sudsports

What's the story?

The Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell will be bestowing a huge honour on its most successful winner, Rafael Nadal by renaming the centre court of the Real Club Tenis Barcelona (RCTB) as Pista Rafa Nadal, the tournament organisers announced on Friday. The 14-time Major winner, who will be chasing a record 10th title at this prestigious ATP 500 tournament next week, joined the club at the tender age of 11.

The RCTB president Albert Agusti has called it a matter of pride to have someone of Nadal’s stature so closely associated with the club which is why the authorities want to dedicate the club’s main track to the Spanish legend.

“For us it is a pride to have a player like Nadal, one of the best in history and who has joined the club since the age of 11,” said Agustí, adding that by putting “the name of Rafa to the central track we are located to the height of great tournaments that dedicate their tracks to their legends.”

In case you didn't know...

The ATP Barcelona field is a highly competitive one this time around with the World No. 1 Andy Murray and the 20th ranked Alexander Zverev accepting last-minute wildcards. The two join Nadal, World No. 5 and two-time champion Kei Nishikori, World No. 9 Dominic Thiem and World No. 13 David Goffin who will be vying for the title among others.

The heart of the matterThe baptism of the court will take place next week only when the southpaw arrives in the Catalan capital. The former World No. 1 is currently playing at the Monte Carlo Masters this week where he has reached the semi-finals.

In addition to paying an homage to Rafa, the authorities have also unanimously decided to appoint the Olympic men’s doubles champion Marc Lopez as a member of honour. Lopez had teamed up with Nadal for the Rio gold last summer.

What's next?

Main draw action at the Barcelona Open kicks off on Monday, April 24. Nadal begins his title defence on Wednesday against the winner of the first round clash between Renzo Olivo and Rogerio Dutra Silva.

Author's take

Having established himself as the best ever men’s claycourt player and probably the greatest Spanish sportsman of all time, Nadal is richly deserving of this tribute.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-4-2017 05:56 PM | Show all posts
Serena Williams talks pregnancy, future of tennis career at TED Talks in Vancouver

'My baby's going to be in the stands and hopefully cheering for me'

By Rhianna Schmunk, CBC News Posted: Apr 25, 2017 7:38 PM PT Last Updated: Apr 25, 2017 8:18 PM PT

Tennis legend Serena Williams spoke at the TED Conference in Vancouver Tuesday, touching on her pregnancy and the future of her athletic career.

The 35-year-old revealed that she was expecting a baby last week. She was pregnant when she won the Australian Open in January.

Speaking on Tuesday, Williams said she found out about her pregnancy just two days before the tournament kicked off.

"I was nervous. I wasn't quite sure what to think, but I knew that at that moment, it was really important for me to just focus," she told interviewer Gayle King.

Williams went on to win her 23rd Grand Slam singles title at the championship, setting a record for the Open era — something she said was no breezy feat, even for her.

Williams after winning 2017 Australian Open in January. (Scott Barbour/Getty Images)

"It wasn't very easy. You hear all these stories about people when they're pregnant — they get sick, they get really tired, really stressed out ... I had to really take all that energy and put it in a paper bag, so to say, and throw it away.

"Pregnant or not, no one knew and I was supposed to win that tournament. Every time I play, I'm expected to win. If I don't win, it's actually much bigger news."

Accidental announcement

Williams revealed her pregnancy by posting a picture of herself on Snapchat captioned "20 weeks."

On Tuesday, the mom-to-be said the photo was actually meant to be a private one.

"I have this thing where I've been checking my status and taking pictures every week to see how far along I'm getting ... I was just saving them [for myself,]" she told the crowd. "I've been so good about it, but this was the one time it slipped."

On leadership

The player also touched briefly on her response to "racist" and "sexist" comments made by former No. 1 player Ilie Nastase.

Nastaste, who won two Grand Slam titles in the '70s, swore at British players Johanna Konta and Anne Keothavong at an event last week. He was also quoted as saying, "Let's see what colour it has. Chocolate with milk?" in response to Williams' pregnancy news,

Williams responded on her Instagram account, defending her peers and her unborn baby.

"It's really important to hold women up. These young women will come to the locker room and they'll want to take pictures with me, and for me, it's like, 'I want to be a good leader and a good example for them,' she explained Tuesday.

"I felt it was important for us to stand up for each other and to stand up for myself ... it was really important for me to say 'I'm not afraid, I'm not going anywhere, but this is inappropriate.'"

'I'm not done yet'

The 35-year-old athlete, who is taking the rest of 2017 away from tennis, also touched on her plans for her career post-baby.

"I definitely plan on coming back. I'm not done yet," Williams said, adding that she draws inspiration from her sister Venus, 36.

"If she's still playing, I know I can play," she joked. "This [motherhood] is just a new part of my life. My baby's going to be in the stands and hopefully cheering for me."

Williams spoke in Vancouver on Tuesday. (Ryan Lash/TED)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-4-2017 11:12 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Jeng jeng jengg...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-4-2017 11:12 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
1hr to go.... jengjengjeng

Use magic Report

Post time 26-4-2017 11:57 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
:zz:zz

ngntuk..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Restoran Kantan Datin Isma
AngelFreakyAFRestoran Kantan Datin Isma
Views : 23536 Replies : 145
Kedah Ada Work-Life Balance, Gaji Berbaloi’ – Pekerja Belia.Anda nak pindah Kedah?
YgBenarKedah Ada Work-Life Balance, Gaji Berbal
Views : 1939 Replies : 1
[JTBC/Netflix 2024] FRANKLY SPEAKING/NO SECRET ~ Go Kyoung Pyo, Kang Han Na, Joo Jong Hyuk  ~ Release Date 1 May
Rahah[JTBC/Netflix 2024] FRANKLY SPEAKING/NO
Views : 7436 Replies : 14
Carta Official Muzik Muzik 39 (2024)
fadz84Carta Official Muzik Muzik 39 (2024)
Views : 16324 Replies : 102
[Disney+ 2024] BLOOD FREE/DOMINANT SPECIES - Ju Ji Hoon, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Hee Joon, Lee Mu Saeng
Rahah[Disney+ 2024] BLOOD FREE/DOMINANT SPECI
Views : 5430 Replies : 65
Koleksi Foto : Bunga v2
tariKoleksi Foto : Bunga v2
Views : 105370 Replies : 1544
NAZIR RAZAK KAWEN BARU UOLS..
malaysiaku123NAZIR RAZAK KAWEN BARU UOLS..
Views : 69148 Replies : 388
[tvN/Netflix 2024] QUEEN OF TEARS - Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Ji Won, Park Sung Hoon
Rahah[tvN/Netflix 2024] QUEEN OF TEARS - Kim
Views : 21247 Replies : 425
Wanita Asing Puji Malaysia Negara Selamat, Tak Takut Jalan Sendirian Jam 5 Pagi di jalan lengang berhampiran pasar Pudu.Netizen berbelah bagi
YgBenarWanita Asing Puji Malaysia Negara Selama
Views : 9211 Replies : 42

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

4-5-2024 01:40 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.292702 second(s), 42 queries .