Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Png_Prince

You Can't Travel Back in Time, Scientists Say

[Copy link]
Post time 20-5-2007 12:34 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by paparock at 20-5-2007 01:46 AM
Ermmm... but time travel is about getting somewhere in the past or in future in real time. Light traveling from a distance star is about something moving from point A to point B..

From the Articles that I have posted we can conclude that it's human mind that is doing the traveling back in time when we probe the deep space , our mind travels back in time via our eyes so our mind can gain the understanding of what happen in the past just like looking at a photograph or a documentary. To travel back in time with our whole biological self , that can never be done due to the fact that time is constantly moving forward and our biological self is also moving forward with it.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-5-2007 12:35 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 20-5-2007 05:00 AM
Read and imagine.....repeat and repeat.... imagine.......

trying to hypnotize them ?

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 01:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #81 blastoff's post

Thats what I mean..

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 01:42 PM | Show all posts

Reply #82 blastoff's post

No..

Imagination is more powerful than knowledge-Albert Einstein.

He said this about relativity.....

I once take days to understand relativity. be it special or general relativity.

And I realise this. everything is relative to eachother. there is no absolute.

even enstein knew about this when he is small.

What is short without long?

if everything in this world is the same, same shape, shape warm, samecolour etc. everything same no matter what you see where you go. how are you going to differ it?

what is death without birth?
what is birth without death?

Science had proven that by travelling fast, time travel faster.

I realise this.
I`m in UK. I set my watch 7 hours later than malaysia time. so do my family. as time goes by, my family and I do not change their watch. some how the time diference is now 7hour 30 minutes :hmm:

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 20-5-2007 02:12 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 03:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #84 wei_loon5063's post

I guess you have to shop for a new watch la brader...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 03:43 PM | Show all posts

Reply #85 paparock's post

Waahhh.........

RM 800.... G shock one leh

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-5-2007 05:10 PM | Show all posts

Reply #86 wei_loon5063's post

Then you have to live in your very own worldline mahhh...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2007 05:30 PM | Show all posts
Guys, just watch this video, a self confessed time traveller. Personally i think its a hoax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUv4j3DINE&eurl=

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-5-2007 05:52 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Png_Prince at 20-5-2007 05:30 PM
Guys, just watch this video, a self confessed time traveller. Personally i think its a hoax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUv4j3DINE&eurl=

We are travelling in time now...

we are travelling from past to future.

the rate is constant. we cant change the rate......... yet!

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 06:23 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 20-5-2007 05:52 PM

We are travelling in time now...

we are travelling from past to future.

the rate is constant. we cant change the rate ....yet

I agree , but regarding the "...yet" part , biologically we can look older a lot faster by being stressful all the time so our biological self can travel forward faster then the rate of time under certain condition . And for those who can control their stress level all their life then they look so much younger than their real age so their biological self are traveling somewhat slower then the rate of time . But we can't turn back time because time is moving forward no matter what !

[ Last edited by  blastoff at 20-5-2007 08:34 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 07:10 PM | Show all posts
Okay, something come up in my mind. Have you ever dreamt of an event that later became a reality? I did. Was that some sort of time travelling?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2007 07:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by paparock at 20-5-2007 07:10 PM
Okay, something come up in my mind. Have you ever dreamt of an event that later became a reality? I did. Was that some sort of time travelling?

Our mind travels to the unknown when we sleep. Its called beta level in meditation course, its an unconcious level. If u practice meditation, we could even preset what we wanna dream
So, in ur case its the power of mind. Some sorts of ESP

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 08:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blastoff at 20-5-2007 06:23 PM

I agree , but regarding the "...yet" part , biologically we can look older a lot faster by being stressful all the time so our biological self can travel forward faster then the rate of time under certain condition . And for those who can control their stress level all their life then they look so much younger than their real age so their biological self are traveling somewhat slower then the rate of time . But we can't turn back time because time is moving forward no matter what !

have you ever wonder this, we human sometimes feel our life span is too short as we want everything to be fast.
faster car, faster LRT, faster computer, faster restaurant service,faster degree etc......

It is this fast fast fast desire that makes us feel time somehow pass faster....

ou try to go out without watch or HP.. see how you feel about time.....

About the yet.......

Einstein claim time slow down if we move fast. and time eventually stop if we reach teh speed of light.

Scientist proof this is true. the astronaut travels at 20km/sec and this is only few percent of speed of light. somehow, using super accurate clock. one with astronaut, one on earth.

both the clock is set to tick in sync. somehow, the clock with the astronaut slow about few nano-seond.

the number is very small.. yes... but it proved that it is valid as he is travelling few percent of speed of light.

what if we can travel say... 50% speed of light?

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 08:45 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by paparock at 20-5-2007 07:10 PM

What is dream?
what is reality?

Sometime when you dream, you see an event that will happen in future.

that event is one of billionth possiblities that will happen.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 08:52 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Png_Prince at 20-5-2007 07:49 PM
Our mind travels to the unknown when we sleep. Its called beta level in meditation course, its an unconcious level. If u practice meditation, we could even preset what we wanna dream

If you can control and conquer your mind, you can control what you wan in your dream instead of see what your dream is.

The main problem of people cantb rest their mind and meditate is
1.  Sensual desire
2.  Ill will, hatred, or anger
3.  Laziness and sluggishness  
4.  Restlessness and worry
5.  Doub -- doubt, skepticism, indecisiveness, or vacillation, without the wish to cure it, more like the common idea of cynicism or pessimism than open-mindedness or desire for evidence.

you cant conquer your mind if you have this in your mind......
you need to see who you are and conquer yourself.
have you ever tried meditating?

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 20-5-2007 08:54 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 10:34 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 20-5-2007 08:42 PM

have you ever wonder this, we human sometimes feel our life span is too short as we want everything to be fast.
faster car, faster LRT, faster computer, faster restaurant service,faster  ...

What the Quran says about the speed of light ?
Try this website   http://www.speed-light.info/

[ Last edited by  blastoff at 20-5-2007 10:37 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-5-2007 11:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blastoff at 20-5-2007 10:34 PM
What the Quran says about the speed of light ?
Try this website   http://www.speed-light.info/

This worm hole impressed me alot...
A lot of people seen it but do not know what it is.
It is all over science fiction movies.
First the collapsed star form infinite density by contracting space into emptiness.

then the infinite mass form endless gravitational well.

the gravitational well leads to no where or fall forever as the universe is endless.
but by precise calculation, and create a white hole, we could distort space, time and reality....

Amazing!!!!   

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 20-5-2007 11:39 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 11:24 PM | Show all posts
What is time?
Astronomer Carl Sagan had it right when he said that
time is "resistant to simple definition." Lots of us think we know what time is, but it is hard to define. You can not literally see or touch time, but you can see its effects. The evidence that we are moving through time is found in everything -- our bodies age, buildings weather and crumble, trees grow. Most of us feel the pressure of time as we are pushed to meet deadlines and make appointments. Our lives are often dictated by what time we need to be somewhere.
Ask most people to define time and they are likely to look at their watch or a clock. We see time as the ticking of the hands on these devices. We know that there are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day and 365 days in a year. These are the basic numbers of time that we all learned in grade school.
Time is also defined as being the fourth dimension of our universe. The other three dimensions are of space, including up-down, left-right and backward-forward. Time cannot exist without space, and likewise, space cannot exist without time. This interconnected relationship of time and space is called the spacetime continuum, which means that any event that occurs in the universe has to involve both space and time.
According to Einstein's theory of special relativity, time slows as an object approaches the speed of light. This leads many scientists to believe that traveling faster than the speed of light could open up the possibility of time travel to the past as well as to the future. The problem is that the speed of light is believed to be the highest speed at which something can travel, so it is unlikely that we will be able to travel into the past. As an object nears the speed of light, its relativistic mass increases until, at the speed of light, it becomes infinite. Accelerating an infinite mass any faster than that is impossible, or at least it seems to be right now.
These two sections are rather hard to understand, without suitable preparations; you have to review
Einstein's Hole Argument, and his solution of that. First, Einstein illustrates the special character of the (Lorentz) metric in Minkowski space. This is rather straightforward, but this metric should be understood with the general Gaussian coordinates in view. When Einstein speaks of the "Euclidean" character of Minkowski space-time, he means that it is easy to give a physical meaning to coordinate values.
However, the same does not seem to hold in the space-time continuum of general relativity, since coordinates there do not have any direct physical meaning, unlike the case of the classical and special-relativistic picture. Thus Einstein wants to assert that we've got to reconsider the manner how we give a physical meaning to a point in a mathematical (abstract) continuum characterized by a set of coordinate values in the Gaussian manner. Recall that Gaussian coordinates may be arbitrarily chosen, and the space-time continuum is considered relative to that choice.
In section 27, Einstein is trying to say this (judging from his statements in other papers, from his solution of the Hole Argument): If you want to talk about physical space-time point, you need more than abstract coordinate values for that point. Any physical space-time points must be identified by encounters (coincidences) of two physical events, e.g., an encounter of two trajectories of material objects. Mere points in a space-time (4-dimensional) continuum do not signify physical events, unless they are matched with such encounters (coincidences). Here, he comes close to Leibniz's poisition that two physically indiscernible points are identical and that any points without such physical means of identification are merely "ideal", not "physically real". And if we realize this, Einstein is saying, it is now easy to see that the physical significance of Euclidean coordinates comes from the same factor, i.e., physical encounters or coincidences.

(This continuum is considered relative to an arbitrarily chosen coordinate system)

Although a coordinate system may be arbitrarily chosen, there are certain invariant quantities independent of that choice. The condition of general covariance (often confused with general principle of relativity by Einstein) assures that such invariants are preserved in any system.

[ Last edited by  wei_loon5063 at 20-5-2007 11:26 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2007 11:36 PM | Show all posts
When talk about time travel, we cant run from relativity, gravitational well, black hole, worm hole, matter, space-time continumn.

See this on
http://science.howstuffworks.com/time-travel.htm

I recommend this book. For those who are not that literate about physic and matematics.
The text is explained in understandable english

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2007 12:15 AM | Show all posts
The concept of wormhole for space travel is much easier to grasp than time travelling machine..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

21-5-2024 09:02 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067177 second(s), 42 queries .