ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 7267|Reply: 38

Aishwarya & Abhishek dh kawin!!

Close [Copy link]
Post time 21-4-2007 09:35 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Bollywood's Bachchan, Rai wed in Hindu ceremony
[size=-1]MUMBAI (Reuters) - Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, one of Bollywood's best-known screen couples, married on Friday in a traditional Hindu wedding in which the groom rode a white horse before the pair took their vows around a sacred fire.
The ceremonies concluded three days of celebrations at the actors' homes in India's entertainment capital of Mumbai, creating, what industry pundits said is, Bollywood's ultimate power couple. Rai, 33, is a former Miss World and Bachchan, 31, belongs to Indian film royalty, being the son of Amitabh Bachchan, the country's best-known actor who has a huge fan following around the world. Bachchan, wearing a white "bandhgala" or a long Indian tunic, a silver-colored turban and a veil of flowers on his face, rode a white horse as part of a custom and waved to hundreds of fans gathered outside his house. The groom's party then moved to another Bachchan residence nearby where the marriage was solemnized by priests who chanted hymns from ancient Indian scriptures amid the blowing of conch shells and ululation, sources involved with the wedding said. The celebrations have transfixed Bollywood and sent India's celebrity-obsessed media into a frenzy even though the Bachchans have tried to keep the event strictly private and low-key because the groom's grandmother is ill. But fans did not leave the couple -- dubbed as "Abhiash" by the Indian media which likens them to the Hollywood celebrity duo of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie -- alone as hundreds of them lined the roads leading to the marriage venue. Police briefly used batons to push back over-enthusiastic fans. "LOVER" SLASHES WRIST Many fans slept on the pavement outside Bachchan's house to catch a glimpse of the stars. "I don't have an invitation but I have come to bless the couple," said Keshav Srivastav, a look-alike of Bachchan senior who drew cheers from the amused crowd. Earlier, the celebrations were marked by drama after an Indian woman claiming to be Bachchan's lover slashed her wrist in front of his home. She told reporters she wanted to kill herself because Bachchan had gone back on his promise of marrying her after having "physical relations" with her. Police arrested the woman -- described as a struggling fashion model -- for attempting suicide, a punishable offence. Police refused to register a complaint against Bachchan, saying the model had no proof of the relationship and it looked like a publicity stunt. Rai and Bachchan have worked together in at least five films, and both have been romantically linked in the past to other Bollywood stars. Rai, who has acted in over 40 films, was crowned Miss World in 1994. Bachchan too has notched up about 40 movies.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-4-2007 09:37 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2007 10:12 AM | Show all posts
I really can't wait to see photos of the wedding and especially how ash's dresses will look like sbb dengar kabar pak mertua aish order sari termahal utk menantu dia tu -- tapi kenapa SRK tak dpt jemputan ek?

More picture pls!

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2007 04:51 PM | Show all posts
untung nya sesiapa yg kahwin ngan ash.. bertuah.. muka da la cantik... tak berkelip kalo org tgk..

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2007 05:08 PM | Show all posts
Amitabh Bachchan arrives for his son Abhishek Bachchan's wedding ceremony at his residence in Mumbai

Bollywood actress Jaya Bachchan arrives for the marriage ceremony of her son Abhishek Bachchan at the family's residence in Mumbai

Krishnakant Rai, center, father of Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai arrives for his daughters wedding ceremony at the residence of Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan in Mumbai

Abhishek Bachchan

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2007 05:13 PM | Show all posts
Picture of Jhanvi Kapoor, she said Bachchan had promised to marry her afterthey met when she was one of the dancers in a promotional music videofor a movie "Dus" ("Ten"), in which Bachchan starred two years ago.

"He is not talking to me," she told reporters. "I want to know why he doesn't talk to me."

She was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, then arrested bypolice for attempting to commit suicide

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-4-2007 08:23 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by calamus at 21-4-2007 05:13 PM
Picture of Jhanvi Kapoor, she said Bachchan had promised to marry her afterthey met when she was one of the dancers in a promotional music videofor a movie "Dus" ("Ten";), in w ...

asl die tew nmpk cm xbt0l jew..huhhh

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 03:01 AM | Show all posts
Yeah... sukanya aishwarya couple ngan abishek...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-4-2007 09:00 AM | Show all posts
tahniah walaupun bagi aku x sepadan langsung....Abhisek tu x hemsem dan x sesuai ngan Aish.....Kalau ngan Vivek dulu nampak sepadan sangat...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 12:40 PM | Show all posts

Reply #9 gjoy_chester's post

Aku rasa Abishek lagi hansem dr Vivek tu...very macho dan sexy ..patutle Aish nak ke dia kan...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 05:07 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 onde_onde's post

for me, abhishek tu x hensem langsung....bapak die pun supe...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 05:44 PM | Show all posts

Reply #11 gjoy_chester's post

well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Dan, one man's food is another  man's poison.

For me rasanya abhishek lagi masculine dari si vivek. Entah kenapa... apa pun asal diorg bahagia.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 11:55 PM | Show all posts
happy wedding...........

kahwin gak aishu.....suka sgt dia....
w/pun tak brp suka gan abishek tuh, but at least ok laa dr vivek & salman khan....

yg pasti....abhisek.....aishu.....sama2 jenis yg tinggi

tak sabar nak tgk aishu pregnt.....ada anak lak nanti....

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 11:56 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by elle1011 at 21-4-2007 09:37 AM
?x=120&y=80&sig=17h3Zl4C2i1rquNY1c42fQ--

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap ...

nape laaa abishek tak buang jambang......lagi hensem laa sikit

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2007 11:58 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 calamus's post

ni sah tak tul nih........padahal abishek-aishu kan lama tunang
masa tuh tak kacau pun

Use magic Report

Post time 23-4-2007 01:12 PM | Show all posts

Reply #3 DARSITA's post

dgr citer srk ngan big b nie ader gaduh2 sikit

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-4-2007 02:16 PM | Show all posts

Reply #12 sultana's post

yup...lain orang lain pendapatnyer....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-4-2007 06:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by onde_onde at 22-4-2007 12:40 PM
Aku rasa Abishek lagi hansem dr Vivek tu...very macho dan sexy ..patutle Aish nak ke dia kan...

:setuju: :setuju: :setuju: for me AISHU sepadan dgn ABHI ..bagai pinang dibelah duo ...

Use magic Report

Post time 23-4-2007 06:58 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 23-4-2007 07:02 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

4-5-2024 08:14 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080171 second(s), 49 queries .