CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 9112|Reply: 51

JESUS SAYS THAT APOSTATES TO THE OT LAWS SHOULD BE KILLED.

[Copy link]
Post time 10-2-2011 04:29 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
I USED TO BE A NEW TESTAMENT NERD. ALWAYS GOT MY NOSE STUCK IN A COPY OF A FRESHLY PRINTED NT BIBLE. I LIKE THE SMELL OF THE INK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIBLE. BUT JESUS SAYS THAT IF I DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS HE CAME TO FULLFILL (BEING THE OT) BECAUSE THE NT WAS NOT WRITTEN FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE THAT, SO HOW IS KMY STANDING AS A NT NERD? AM I CONSIDEREDA AN APOSTATE IN THE EYES OF JESUS? COULD I EVEN BE KILLED FOR BEING AN APOSTATE TO THE OT? PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE. THANK YOU. GODSPEED AND GOD BLESS.

JFREEMANNS

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-2-2011 04:32 PM | Show all posts
Where did Jesus say that jfreemann? Please show us.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-2-2011 08:37 PM | Show all posts
this i gotta wait and see  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-2-2011 02:21 AM | Show all posts
Where did Jesus say that jfreemann? Please show us.
DavidW Post at 10-2-2011 16:32

FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT...
Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the FIRST in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

JESUS SWEARS UPHOLDING THE OLD TESTAMENT LAWS EVEN IN THE NEW TESTAMENT!

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.  I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.  (Matthew 5:17-18)"

JFREEMANNS

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2011 04:48 AM | Show all posts
Yes indeed, the death for apostasy law applied to the Hebrews under theocracy.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-2-2011 05:52 PM | Show all posts
Yes indeed, the death for apostasy law applied to the Hebrews under theocracy.
DavidW Post at 11-2-2011 04:48

Good ....  then you agree that Jesus came to fullfill them?

JFREEMANNS

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-2-2011 07:57 PM | Show all posts
FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT...
Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter,  ...

JESUS SWEARS UPHOLDING THE OLD TESTAMENT LAWS EVEN IN THE NEW TESTAMENT!

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.  I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.  (Matthew 5:17-18)"

jfreemanns Post at 11-2-2011 02:21

this is weird.  jesus swears upholding ot laws till his death.  ot dont condone 3 gods in 1 god trinity belief and yet there're billions followers out there.  so should they all be prosecuted?  + obama?  

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2011 10:19 PM | Show all posts
Reply 1# jfreemanns

I USED TO BE A NEW TESTAMENT NERD. ALWAYS GOT MY NOSE STUCK IN A COPY OF A FRESHLY PRINTED NT BIBLE. I LIKE THE SMELL OF THE INK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIBLE. BUT JESUS SAYS THAT IF I DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS HE CAME TO FULLFILL (BEING THE OT) BECAUSE THE NT WAS NOT WRITTEN FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE THAT, SO HOW IS KMY STANDING AS A NT NERD? AM I CONSIDEREDA AN APOSTATE IN THE EYES OF JESUS? COULD I EVEN BE KILLED FOR BEING AN APOSTATE TO THE OT? PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE. THANK YOU. GODSPEED AND GOD BLESS.

Again the answer is very simple.... Now, bro.. Are you still in the old covenant that God given through Abraham?? If so, then you should be put to death as stated in the Old Testament. If you are in the new covenant which is through Jesus Christ, then you need not to be sentenced to death. Just need to repent and come back before it is too late. Judgment will be given after your last breath, dont care how u die.

Regards.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-2-2011 10:24 PM | Show all posts
About Jesus upholding the Old testament laws.. which he did because he is under the Abraham's Covenant during that time... and then Jesus has given the new covenant through His blood..... and which tat, we are no longer under laws but under grace.

Also, we are fulfilling the laws through Jesus Christ which has died on our behalf according to the laws.

Regards

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2011 10:27 PM | Show all posts
Reply 4# jfreemanns

About Jesus upholding the Old testament laws.. which he did because he is under the Abraham's Covenant during that time... and then Jesus has given the new covenant through His blood..... and which tat, we are fulfilling the laws through Jesus Christ which has died on our behalf according to the laws.

Regards

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2011 12:17 AM | Show all posts
Good ....  then you agree that Jesus came to fullfill them?

JFREEMANNS
jfreemanns Post at 11-2-2011 17:52

Yes, Jesus did fulfilled the law. There was no theocracy during Jesus time. So? Where does your argument head next?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-2-2011 07:48 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by jfreemanns at 12-2-2011 19:55
Yes, Jesus did fulfilled the law. There was no theocracy during Jesus time. So? Where does you ...
DavidW Post at 12-2-2011 00:17

My argument will always go the other way of your argument. I go forward while you go the opposite. Want kind of theocracy are you are pinning an excuse on this time to wriggle through? Whether theocracy existed in the time of Jesus or not...it is proven that pagan theocracy sent Jesus for a deathly date with the Cross for lowly criminals. You mean you need a theocracy of human laws then to judge God? Are you sure you know what you speak dear Davidebbo? Theocracy to judge Jesus or the God that sent Jesus? The NT is a product of theocracy... not the OT. WHEN GOD SENT JESUS YOU ARE ALREADY ACCOUNTABLE FOR GOD'S THEOCRACY.

Question is HOW DID JESUS FULLFILL THE OT LAWS?

JFREEMANNS

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2011 11:51 PM | Show all posts
NT is a product of theocracy? What are you talking about jfreemann?

Use magic Report

Post time 13-2-2011 02:52 PM | Show all posts
Trying to divert and run away?????
Cannot tahan pressure maaaa

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-2-2011 08:02 PM | Show all posts
NT is a product of theocracy? What are you talking about jfreemann?
DavidW Post at 12-2-2011 23:51

Duhhh...duhhhh.....nadaaa...naddaaa...who created the New Testament and in what circumstances where the New Testament crafted?

JFREEMANNS

Use magic Report

Post time 13-2-2011 10:13 PM | Show all posts
Duhhh...duhhhh.....nadaaa...naddaaa...who created the New Testament and in what circumstances wher ...
jfreemanns Post at 13-2-2011 20:02

You claimed that NT is a product of theocracy. Please explain exactly what you claimed.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-2-2011 01:07 AM | Show all posts
You claimed that NT is a product of theocracy. Please explain exactly what you claimed.
DavidW Post at 13-2-2011 22:13

Which governing body presided over the the inking of the NT?

JFREEMANNS

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2011 06:24 AM | Show all posts
I have no idea of what you are talking about jfreemann. Please explain yourself.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-2-2011 11:54 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by jfreemanns at 14-2-2011 11:56
I have no idea of what you are talking about jfreemann. Please explain yourself.
DavidW Post at 14-2-2011 06:24

I think it is you that needs to explan to me your stand. You said in #11 : "Yes, Jesus did fulfilled the law. There was no theocracy during Jesus time. So? Where does your argument head next?"

You said Jesus fullfilled the law without theocracy? Whose "theocracy" are you talking about? Let's see what Theocracy is to Christianity.

THEOCRACY IN CHRISTIANITY?

[size=180%]Theocracy is a government ruled by god or governed by god, or priest. Theocracy would have a set rule or commands just like the constitution for democracy. The rule guide would be none other than the Holy Bible. The bible is an inspired book of god written by prophets through God's Holy Spirit. Their are 66 books in the bible. The first 39 are called the Hebrew scripture, and the other 27 books are the greek scriptures. If the government was to be supported by a theocracy the bible would be your guideline. Like the constitution the bible has a written set of "rules" in which you would follow.

YOU SAID JESUS FULLFILLED THE LAWS OF GOD WITHOUT THEOCRACY. WITHOUT WHOSE THEOCRACY? GOD'S OR MAN'S?

JFREEMANNS

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2011 12:14 PM | Show all posts
The Hebrews were not living under a theocracy during Jesus time. If you claim they were, then you need to prove it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

3-5-2024 04:03 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.477735 second(s), 46 queries .