CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2325|Reply: 8

this is super duper cool!

[Copy link]
Post time 25-10-2011 09:54 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
A ONE-armed man has taken hands free calling to a new level after becoming the first person in the world to have his phone built into his prosthetic limb.
Trevor Prideaux, 50, had medics craft a docking system into his fake arm after years of problems trying to use his mobile. Before the gadget Trevor, who was born without a left arm, would have to balance it on his fake limb or put it on a flat surface to use.
Now he can make calls, text and play games on his Nokia C7 whenever he wants. Trevor, from Wedmore, Somerset, said: "I am used to adapting to things - but I thought that others must be struggling too.

[img][/img]
Brilliant
"I think this is the first time this has ever been done in the world - and it is brilliant. "I can now take calls and make texts just by using my one hand, while the phone sits inside my arm. "The phone slots smoothly and securely within my limb and is easily removable, when required. "I think this would help a lot of people with prosthetic arms - especially those who were not born with the disability. "eople who have had motorbike crashes and soldiers who have lost limbs - they could all benefit from this."
The arm is made of fibre glass and was made possible by technicians at The Exeter Mobility Centre. After Trevor came up with the idea prosthethist Steve Gallichan, technician Les Street and undergraduate worker Sarah Bennett produced a prototype in just five weeks.

[img][/img]

Catering manager Trevor, who lives with partner Amanda, said: "From owning a mobile phone and with the invention of the iPhone, it became clear that this piece of technology was not ideally suited to be used with only one hand." He said: "When testing an iPhone, with the thoughts of purchase, I had to balance it on my prosthetic limb to text. "I wondered whether it was possible to have a mobile phone built into my limb, to aid usage.

"Now when I get call I can either hold my arm up to my ear or put it on speaker-phone. I can also take it out if I need to.
"This is a leap forward which has helped me out a lot and can also aid others."

[img][/img]

pretty cool isn't it...{:4_182:}

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-10-2011 07:38 AM | Show all posts
kalo dia meninggal karang.. tak yah ditanggalkan..so that he can stay connected to his family in this real world

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2011 08:04 AM | Show all posts
hujung tangan tu mesti ade hook ke...ngeri pulak

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2011 09:07 AM | Show all posts
Reply 3# yan_zi

tu la psala...dah mcm pirate pulak

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-10-2011 09:53 AM | Show all posts
Reply 2# HaMiZiE

jangan lupa bawak charger

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2011 10:58 AM | Show all posts
Reply 5# kaorukamiya

lepas tu, sesapa yang terima missed call daripada number dia... beware...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 27-10-2011 11:11 AM | Show all posts
Reply 4# qidrani87

nanti tercocok lubang idung sendiri
tah2 bole tukar2 kot...arini hook..esok jari terminator...luse bla bla bla...

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2011 11:51 AM | Show all posts
capten hook alaf baru

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-10-2011 03:06 PM | Show all posts
cool nampak bajak laut saja

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

20-5-2024 05:46 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064401 second(s), 37 queries .