Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: deaf4ever

metal

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 19-12-2003 10:50 PM | Show all posts

velvet revolver

Ni ialah band baru yang members dia semua famous.
Members dia -
guitars - Slash ( ex gnr )
bass - Duff McKagan ( ex gnr )
Drums - Matt Sorum ( ex gnr )
Vocals - Scott Weiland ( ex stone temple pilots )
guitars - Dave Kushner

ni ada artikel dia pasal nak buat album.

VELVET REVOLVER's DUFF MCKAGAN Says The Group's Debut Album Is A 'Journey'
Publication date: 12 December 2003, 21:19:56  |  Article Source: Blabbermouth.net

VELVET REVOLVER's still-untitled debut album, due in late March/early April through RCA Records, will contain include twelve of the more than fifty tracks the band co-wrote before and after singer Scott Weiland (STONE TEMPLE PILOTS) joined the group last spring, and is being co-produced by the group and Josh Abraham (LIMP BIZKIT, STAIND). "We're going to try to finish it up and get it mastered by the end of the year," Abraham told Rolling Stone magazine.

According to bassist Duff McKagan (ex-GUNS N' ROSES), the leading contender for the album title was suggested by a fan. "There's a fan web site," McKagan explained, "and somebody came up with 'Uppers & Downers', which is pretty brilliant." Though the album is still a few months from release, touring plans are coming together. "We're going to go to Japan, Europe and play some shows, and then come back here," McKagan says. "Then our record will come out and we'll do some guerilla touring in major cities in the U.S. And then we were offered to headline Ozzfest."

Among the tracks set to appear on the CD are "Slither" (described by Weiland as a "dark, prodding heavy one that definitely has an old STP vibe to it"), the heavy ballad "Falling to Pieces" ("an arena rocker," according to McKagan), "Superhuman" and "Illegal Eye", which McKagan compares to "a REFUSED song, like an older punk rock song." But altogether, he says, "It's an album. It's twelve songs. It's not a single with eleven fillers. It's a journey."

"As a whole, the album is a true representation of the best aspects of STP's music, and the best aspects of GUNS N' ROSES, when they were at their best

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-12-2003 11:28 PM | Show all posts
sajer lambung balik..
maner deaf nih....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-12-2003 04:37 AM | Show all posts

Electric Basement Top 10s for 2003

Ni ialah pilihan TOP 10 albums dari penulis2 website Electricbasement.com

http://www.electricbasement.com/articles165.htm

TOP 10 LISTS FOR 2003!
Our scribes rack their brains and rock their stereos all in the name of the mighty list

Posted 12/22/03

Below are the top 10 albums of the year according to our regular contributors. Albums must be in the loosely defined heavy rock/metal genre to be considered. *Note, some of the picks may branch into sub genres we do not typically cover (ex: extreme metal, punk etc.) but are listed here anyway since we figured there is some overlap in genres.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-12-2003 04:39 AM | Show all posts

Penulis 1/5

Originally posted by deaf4ever at 24-12-2003 04:37 AM:

TOP 10 LISTS F ...

A. LEE GRAHAM

1. Dream Theater - Train of Thought

2. Erik Norlander - Music Machine

3. The Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution
4. O.S.I. - Office of Strategic Influence

5. King Crimson - The Power To Believe

6. Opeth - Damnation

7. Saga - Marathon

8. Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

9. Derek Sherinian - Black Utopia

10. Killing Joke

Honorable Mentions:

Neal Morse - Testimony

Evergrey - Recreation Day

CAB 4

Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion

Lynch/Pilson - Wicked Underground

Nevermore - Enemies of Reality

Strapping Young Lad - SYL

Stratovarius - Elements Pt I

[ Last edited by deaf4ever on 24-12-2003 at 05:15 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-12-2003 04:40 AM | Show all posts

Penulis 2/5

TOP 10 LISTS F ...

JEFF KERBY

1. Supersuckers - Muther*****ers Be Trippin' (Mid-Fi Recordings) Worth it for "Pretty *****ed Up" alone. Much admiration should go to this band for their work ethic too. It truly is a lifestyle-pick up their country album sometime as well if you get a chance.

2. The Mars Volta - de-loused in the comatorium (Universal) Interesting idea behind a record that practically everyone thought would be a bigger success commercially.

3. Dio - Stand Up and Shout: The Anthology (Rhino/WB) Hey, it's Dio! You know what that means--plenty of dragons and crap to satisfy the inner hobbit in all of you.

4. Led Zepplin - How The West Was Won (Atlantic) Yet another example of why this band was one of the greatest that ever existed. Real danger and immediacy in a performance that many of the old corporate rock whores of today wish they could truly possess. Too bad they can't buy it.

5. Kings Of Leon - Youth and Young Manhood (RCA) A little Pabst Blue Ribbon, a trailer, and some good beef jerky is bound to get you in the properlike rural frame of mind to enjoy this disc. They do dress kinda fruity though.

6.Udo - Live (AFM) Udo was the lead singer of Accept. Accept was great. Udo proves he still is. Not sure if he's still out "plugging bombs in everyone's ass" though. Don't know if I want to know either.

7.Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning (Vagrant) Forget the labels and the way this band is marketed. This music isn't really punk-it's basically just rock played by guys who like to dress in black and tear it up onstage.

8. The Datsuns - The Datsuns (V2) This record sounds better after seeing them live. Most of the Cradle of Filth fans hated them on Ozzfest, so they must be pretty great.

9. Cold - Year of the Spider (Interscope) This record had decent amount of commercial potential and really could have benefited from more tour support-too bad the band wasn't able to go out as extensively as they might have liked.

10. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Take Them On, On Your Own (Virgin) Best new band out there-period.

[ Last edited by deaf4ever on 24-12-2003 at 05:22 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-12-2003 04:42 AM | Show all posts

Penulis 3/5

TOP 10 LISTS F ...

SCOTT ALISOGLU

1. Solace - 13

2. Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

3. Evergrey - Recreation Day

4. 16 - Zoloft Smile
5. Misery Index - Retaliate

6. Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion

7. Darkest Hour - Hidden Hands of a Sadist Nation

8. Meatjack - Days of Fire
9. Biohazard - Kill or be Killed

10. Place of Skulls - With Vision

[ Last edited by deaf4ever on 24-12-2003 at 05:37 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 24-12-2003 04:43 AM | Show all posts

Penulis 4/5

TOP 10 LISTS F ...

VINNIE APICELLA

1.) AFI - Sing The Sorrow

2.) Capture The Flag - Start From Scratch

3.) Anthrax - We've Come For You All

4.) Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death

5.) Helloween - Rabbit Don't Come Easy

6.) On The Might Of Princes - Sirens

7.) Turbonegro - Scandinavian Leather

8.) Electric Six - Fire

9.) KISS - Alive IV

10.) Hanoi Rocks - Twelve Shots On The Rocks

[ Last edited by deaf4ever on 24-12-2003 at 05:31 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-12-2003 04:43 AM | Show all posts

Penulis 5/5

TOP 10 LISTS F ...

BRIAN COLES (Editor)

1.) Cage - Darker Than Black

2.) Twisted Tower DIre - Crest of the Martyrs
3.) The Datsuns - The Datsuns

4.) Black Label Society - The Blessed Hellride

5.) Vanderhoof - A Blur In Time

6.) Deep Purple - Bananas

7.) Ten Benson - Benson Burner
8.) Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

9.) Kill 2 This - mass. [down] -sin. (drone.)

10.) Masterplan - Masterplan

[ Last edited by deaf4ever on 24-12-2003 at 05:43 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-12-2003 08:23 AM | Show all posts
macam mana dengan malmsteen pula?

Yngwie Malmsteen is arguably the most technically accomplished hard rock guitarist to emerge during the '80s. Combining a dazzling technique honed over years of obsessive practice with a love for such classical composers as Bach, Beethoven, and Paganini, Malmsteen's distinctively baroque, gothic compositional style and lightning-fast arpeggiated solos rewrote the book on heavy metal guitar.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 31-12-2003 04:53 AM | Show all posts

Album kompilasi terbaru Yngwie Malmsteen

YNGWIE'S INSTRUMENTAL BEST:
Yngwie Malmsteen's new Japanese release Instrumental Best is out January 21 and features the following tracks:

Brothers . Dawn . Air On A Theme . Britzkrieg . Blue . Asylum . Sky Euphoria . Quantum Leap . Power And Glory . Molto Arpeggiosa . Preludium . Instru-Mental Institution . Treasure From The East . Requiem . Far Beyond The Sun (Live)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-1-2004 02:51 PM | Show all posts
BBC internet version tengah buat poll untuk best rock/alternative album.

semua orang worldwide dijemput join in.
sila ke
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/rockandalt/albumofyear.shtml

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-1-2004 05:19 PM | Show all posts
http://www.metaluk.com/news/displayNews.cfm?iNewsArticleID=6508

Ex-MEGADETH Guitarist MARTY FRIEDMAN: I Turned Down Offer To Play On DAVE MUSTAINE's Solo CD
Publication date: 02 January 2004, 03:50:15  |  Article Source: Blabbermouth.net

Former MEGADETH guitarist Marty Friedman has revealed that he was asked to participate in MEGADETH mastermind Dave Mustaine's upcoming solo project but declined the offer, citing the possibility of a future MEGADETH reunion as the reason for his decision.

In a brand-new interview posted at MartyFriedman.com, Marty was asked to clear up the MEGADETH reunion rumors which have been brewing ever since Mustaine announced his plans to record an album of new solo material. "What reunion?" he responded. "I'm sure I answered this somewhere [before], but I don't know anything about any plans for that. I am on good terms with both [Mustaine and ex-MEGADETH bassist Dave Ellefson] and I hope only the best in whatever they want to do. I was flattered to be asked by Mustaine to participate in a solo project that he's working on, but as much as I'd like to, I decided not to mainly because I wouldn't want to take away any thunder from a full-fledged possible MEGADETH reunion, if that were to ever come to pass in the future. I hear through the grapevine that his new music is gonna be killer." Read the rest of the interview at the link below:

http://www.martyfriedman.com/archivedetail.php?id=90.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-1-2004 05:23 PM | Show all posts
HAMMETT Named 'Best Metal Guitarist', 'St. Anger' Chosen As 'Biggest Disappointment' Of 2003
http://www.metaluk.com/news/displayNews.cfm?iNewsArticleID=6501

Publication date: 02 January 2004, 03:30:32  |  Article Source: Blabbermouth.net

A poll of readers of Guitar World magazine picked Kirk Hammett of METALLICA as "Best Metal Guitarist", while Zakk Wylde of BLACK LABEL SOCIETY was named "Most Valuable Player."

METALLICA's poor-selling new album, "St. Anger", was named biggest disappointment, but it also came in at No. 2 as the "Best Metal Album", ranking behind BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's "The Blessed Hellride".

FOO FIGHTERS' Dave Grohl was picked as "Best Rock Guitarist", beating out Jack White of THE WHITE STRIPES and Tom Morello of AUDIOSLAVE.

Readers said the best rock album of 2003 was "How The West Was Won" by LED ZEPPELIN.

On the flip side of things, LIMP BIZKIT earns the distinction of "Worst Band", edging out CREED and THE STROKES.

The other big disappointments of the year were listed as "all new music," the break-up of Texas metal veterans PANTERA, the continued absence of a new GUNS 'N ROSES album, and Marcos Curiel's departure from Christian rock band P.O.D.

http://www.metaluk.com/news/displayNews.cfm?iNewsArticleID=6501

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2004 09:13 PM | Show all posts

Album baru NIGHTWISH

Album baru Nightwish keluar bulan Jun ni.

NIGHTWISH Bassist Checks In From The Recording Studio
Publication date: 03 January 2004, 22:10:22  |  Article Source: Blabbermouth.net

NIGHTWISH bassist Marco Hietala has posted the following studio update on the band's official web site:

"Good evening from the southern seacoast of Finland. In this case 'southern' is just the geological location compared to the rest of the country. The wind is at the speed of storm, and the sea swells with the melting snow and rain. I stay inside. In here there's warmth and a twinkling Christmas tree. Our twins are playing with their present toycars and I, at least, have a bloated belly from all the senseless eating during the holidays.

"A week before Christmas I was in Kitee playing my bassparts for the upcoming album. We had a quite nice session over there. One afternoon of soundcheck and after that three days of intensive playing and recording. We usually had a break in the afternoon to eat and to have a couple of rounds of worms at the Playstation. I got my ass kicked way too many times, so I'll take my revenge on you dear fans. The bass lines and the sound will come to kick your ass. I hope you'll appreciate the fairness of it. The album seems to be coming together nicely. Emppu had lots of rhythm guitar stuff done already and from what I heard, he still has a very good connection between his brains and hands. Via that massive torso of his, of course.

"For the new year: EVERYONE SHOULD PROMISE TO ROCK!!!!!!"

As previously reported, NIGHTWISH are currently in the studio recording the follow-up to 2002's double platinum (in Finland) "Century Child" effort, tentatively due in June 2004 through Spinefarm Records. The band are once again using their own studio (Caverock) in Kitee to record the drums, bass and keyboards/synths, while the vocals and guitars will be recorded at Helsinki's Finnvox facility. The group hope to complete the recordings by the end of March 2004 and launch a world tour in support of the album next summer. Several pictures from the recording sessions can be viewed at the link below:

http://www.nightwish.com/pics/diary/291203/phpslideshow.php.

Back  |    Top of Page

Use magic Report

Post time 8-1-2004 09:34 PM | Show all posts
Aku suka Night Ranger je...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2004 11:24 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by herokampong at 8-1-2004 09:34 PM:
Aku suka Night Ranger je...

ni band aku tak dengar la HK...

tapi aku tahu Jack Blades dari kumpulan Damn Yankees dulu main Night Ranger.

Suara sedap la.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-1-2004 11:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by deaf4ever at 8-1-2004 23:24:
ni band aku tak dengar la HK...

tapi aku tahu Jack Blades dari kumpulan Damn Yankees dulu main Night Ranger.

Suara sedap la.

Ah... dorang masih ada, tapi aku tak agak budak

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2004 03:08 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by deaf4ever at 8-1-2004 09:13 PM:
Album baru Nightwish keluar bulan Jun ni.

NIGHTWISH Bassist Checks In From The Recording Studio
Publ ...

tq deaf...can't wait!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-1-2004 07:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by babycake at 9-1-2004 03:08 AM:
tq deaf...can't wait!

ko dah tengok official video live mereka ke belum?

yang 'wishes to eternity' tu?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-1-2004 07:12 PM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by herokampong at 8-1-2004 11:59 PM:
Ah... dorang masih ada, tapi aku tak agak budak

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-5-2024 07:10 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.242434 second(s), 42 queries .